Ford Fiesta 2022, a great update in its 7th generation
The Ford Fiesta is consolidated with important levels of electrification and connectivity, as well as some very notable aesthetic variations. An update of the historical model of the brand.
It is an important update based on the 7th generation of the Fiesta that was put on the market in 2017. This restyling is absolutely necessary to be able to be at the level of its direct competitors. We verified an update of equipment and connectivity, with new exclusively gasoline engines (the sale of diesel engines is cancelled) and with the possibility of “soft” hybridization (“ Mild Hybrid ”) at 48 volts. Know more about morgan ne shitje.
Aesthetic changes that embellish the model
The aesthetic changes that have been made on the outside are basically:
- New and somewhat more aggressive front bumper.
- Larger grid.
- New diode headlights in all versions, with the option of Matrix LEDs with variable lighting (selective lighting and anti-glare in high beams).
The 4 trim levels are maintained ( Trend, Titanium, ST-Line and Active) , which are accentuated in terms of content through specific elements of each of them, which are completed with a wide catalog of body colors and new designs. and tire sizes (up to 18”), in addition to specific equipment and a grill that varies for each finish.
In this way the Ford Fiesta “Trend” and “Titanium” provide a grill with horizontal slats and a beautiful chrome frame, adding side air intakes in the new bumper.
For its part, the “ ST Line ” finish incorporates a completely black front grille with a hexagonal design (honeycomb) and adds air intakes in body color, in addition to another larger intake in the lower part that generates a sporty image. to the front.
The oval Ford logo has been moved from the bonnet to the center of the grille and taillights, retaining the previous shape, and has been edged with dark clasps changing the daytime running light signature to match the front.
The more jacket version “Active”, which is still a semi SUV, has moved away from the more standard through its new protections in the wheel arches, new fins, grille with vertical black slats and higher and more prominent air intakes.
In addition, the “Vignale” packages can provide each finish with a greater provision of equipment that improves in some aspects the levels of perceived interior and exterior quality.
In terms of dimensions, they remain basically the same in all their aspects.
|FORD FIESTA 2022||length m||Width m||Height m||battle m||trunk liters|
|4,048||1,735||1,490||2,493||313 – 1,093|
Technified interior above average
The most important changes that are detected in the interior are the following:
- New and fully configurable digital instrument panel (12.3”-31 cm screen).
- Multimedia equipment (new), with 8” touch screen (renewed as SYNC 36 ) and compatible with Android Auto and Apple Car Play, incorporating:
- Rear Occupant Alert (great novelty), to prevent children or pets from being left inside the car due to forgetfulness or absent-mindedness.
- 180º rear view camera.
- Bang & Olufsen hi-fi system (with 575W and 10 speakers).
- Voice command.
- ” FordPass Connect” system , which allows you to consult vehicle data through an app, such as location, mileage, fuel level, tire pressure, door lock, etc.
- Mobile wireless charging support.
Regarding driving aids (ADAS), several new technologies that now incorporate the new Ford Fiesta 2022 draw attention:
- Opposite Direction Alert , which through the windshield camera reads the traffic signs and detects those of “prohibited passage” or “prohibited direction” to warn by acoustic and visual signal where appropriate.
- Rear cross traffic alert.
- Autonomous parking assistant (Active Park Assist).
- Lane keeping warning.
- Active cruise control with “Stop & Go” , which works automatically stopping and starting the gear in traffic jams linked to the automatic Powershift.
- Automatic emergency braking.
- Presence sensor in the blind spot.
Of course, a significant effort has also been made to automate the driving modes , with the well-known “Normal”, “Sport” and “Eco” that act on the ESC, the traction control and the acceleration system.
Two modes are added for the Fiesta Active which are “Trail” and “Slippery” and an exclusive mode for the sportiest of the Fiesta ST range which is the “Track” mode that allows access to all the highest performance for track or circuit , disabling traction control and stretching the limits of stability control, making it less intrusive.
This sportier variant has exclusive equipment such as vector suspension springs or the limited slip differential (LSD) that operates as a self-locking. In addition, it debuts new anatomical front seats and is also offered in an exclusive color (“ST Mean Green”).
Mechanical offer without diesel and with “Mild Hybrid”
In this new stage, the Ford Fiesta 2022 offers 4 3-cylinder gasoline engines , all of them with 1 liter of displacement (liter and a half in the ST), with soft hybridization, with an electric starter motor that in turn is an alternator. It is integrated and connected to the thermal engine by means of a belt and, thanks to its operability, it allows the model to access the “ECO” identification of the DGT.
In detail the motors of the range are the following:
- 100 hp 1.0 Ecoboost , without “mild hybrid” system, average consumption of 5.2 l/100 km (WLTP cycle) and 6-speed manual gearbox.
- 1.0 Ecoboost MHEV of 125 hp that improves consumption by up to 10%, standardizing 4.9 l/100 km . You can have a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic Powershift.
- 1.0 Ecoboost MHEV 155 hp , with better performance and somewhat higher consumption.
- The Fiesta ST incorporates a 1.5-litre turbocharged three-cylinder engine with 200 hp and improved torque of 32.6 mkg between 1,600 and 4,000 rpm, a top speed of 230 km/h and capable of going from standstill to 100 km /h in 6.5 seconds.
The arrival of the Ford Fiesta 2022 on the European market is scheduled for mid-2022. It will mean a change as important as that of the Focus in its last restyling. And it includes the new ST sports version in addition to the versions and engines already explained. Until the end of the year or the beginning of 2022 we will not have official definitive prices, although everything indicates that they will not suffer great variations within a range that goes from €15,000 to €27,000 approximately.